Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

What a crazy week this has been.  I only worked four out of five days due to the wild and woolly ride on the Snow-Coaster that we've been on around here.  I did use some of the time to produce about half of the Valentine's Day card needed.  I took my son to Target in between storms to pick-up a few things and I asked him if he wanted to pick out some Valentine's for his class.  He said no, he would rather have my home-made cards 'cause they were better and that he would help make them.

Here is what "we" came up with.  I put we in quotes because he mostly acted as a design consultant and occasionally punched something out.

This was made using some spiffy V-Day themed paper by K & Company.  The large robot is a digistamp from My Favorite Things.  I colored with my Copics and embellished with a silver heart brad.








This next one was made using the Sock Monkey from SU with some scraps left over from some unknown DP pad of paper.  The heart balloons are brads I had and I simply drew strings on.











This one uses an image from one of SU's "punnier" sets.  I think there is something warped with my sense of humor because I love puns.  It is a pretty basic card.  The heart punch was on clearance at Michael's.  It is a Martha Stewart product.  The flower been embellished with a crystal sticker.  The background is embossed with hearts using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I have more to post but will probably wait until Sunday night to do so.  We have a busy weekend ahead of us.

3 comments:

Deepa Gopal said...

Cute Cards...
Advance Valentine's Day wishes..

Warm Regds
Deepa
ps: do chk this link for my val crafts
http://deepazworld.blogspot.com/2010/02/simple-valentine-ideas.html

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Fantastic cards! I love the quotes are "we"!! Made me laugh!!

Catherine said...

OMGosh, how adorable are these!!!! I love the ribbon strung hearts on the skunker cards! The coloring on the robot is awesome! And sock monkey - I ♥ sock monkey and he is so cute holding heart balloons! LOVE THESE!!!!!