Monday, February 8, 2010

Save the Date Cards


A dear friend who I've had the privilege to watch grow up is getting married in the fall of 2011.  She wants to send out "Save the Date" cards.  She bought one of the invitation kits from Michaels/ACMoore and after looking at it I was pretty sure I could make something that would be in the same color scheme (black and white with a damask pattern).  She is thinking of having burgundy/maroon bridesmaid dresses so I wanted to tie that in, too.  Overall, the card is pretty simple...it conveys what it needs to and would lend itself to mass production.  The other card I've posted is a B&W birthday card I made at one of my friend Marge's workshops.  I like it a lot and while not complicated it does have several more steps than the other.  With a few changes it could easily be pressed into duty as well.

No comments: