Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Put to Rest

My Christmas tree was packed away on New Year's Day and the stockings are nestled in their Rubbermaid container waiting to make an appearance next Christmas. We've seen Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler (very cute if you were wondering) and played Apples to Apples (great game the first 15 times you play it) until I must confess I want an orange. My husband seems happy with his Play Station 3.

I am sending Maria a big THANK YOU!! Pictured are the contents of the box she sent as my secret sister in a SBS2 Holiday Swap. If you've never visited Maria Bell's blog I highly recommend it!

Tomorrow it is back to the daily grind. I've had 12 glorious days home with my family so I really can't complain. Teachers are usually just as bad as the kids about returning to school but I have to say that I'm not sad to return tomorrow. The whole family needs to return to a more regular routine.

I managed to complete five scrapbook pages in the past few days. I'm only going to post one tonight and then stretch the rest out into the next week.
This was done to commemorate the first snow of the season. We had a dusting in October. I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the letters. The paper is DCWV if my memory serves me correctly and the snowman is a sticker, probably Jolee. We haven't had much snow since but we have had a couple of days that make you think you are in Siberia. Brrrr!!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Fabulous winter color combination on your scrapbook page--looks great! Hope your first day back at school goes well.

Becky G said...

Love your SB page! Great papers, great layout, great design.

I go back to work on Tuesday after being off for two weeks. Yeah!!! I'm like you and looking forward to the structured days.

Michelle Pearson said...

very fun pkg you got from Maria!
Love your layout!!! Happy New Year to you!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

My girls had the Apples to Apples Junior Game, and now we have the regular Apples to Apples game. It's fun. It would be even better to play with a larger group of people. You got some great goodies from Maria! What a sweetheart! I love your Snow page too! Happy New Year!

Maria said...

I'm glad you liked your gift, Lori. Hope you'll find use for them!!! Your scrapbook layout is so cute. . .I love the colors!! Great job!

Maria