Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break

Greetings from Virginia! When life gives you lemons it is always good to make lemonade. In that effort when the trip to California to see my mom, sister, and brother fell apart due to a screwy pace maker, a gall bladder that needs to come out and knee surgery we decided that it wasn't meant to be. My mom's pace maker was fixed with a minimally invasive procedure, my sister has an appointment with the a surgeon for the gall bladder and my brother had knee surgery a week ago tomorrow and is recovering as well as he can at my sister's house. After everything with my father-in-law we decided to head out on the road and unwind a bit so we are on our way to Natural Bridge, Virginia then to the Luray Caverns and finally to Gettysburg, PA before heading home on Wednesday.

So...from Rt. 66 heading south, hope everyone has a great week!

PS...looked on the map to see where Woolvine was located. Was sad to see it wasn't near any of our destinations.

2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

oh, hugs to you my dear....enjoy your trip! I loved Natural Bridge...went there as a child! I was a clutzy pre-teen...I remember tripping over nothing on the stone path and skinning up my knee too! LOL!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow, that's a lot going on all at once! I hope everyone recovers quickly! Enjoy your trip! Happy Easter!!