Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year! I hope that your celebrations were everything you hoped for and more. For those who don't celebrate the holiday I hope you enjoyed your day no mater how you spent it.
This is my poor dog Scully. She was not thrilled to be an elf but I couldn't resist. She is a sweet little dog who put up with the hat and neck piece for all of 30 seconds.

I have two cards to post today...the first is taken from one of my stamping magazines and altered. It was so simple to use a couple of embossing folders and a few scraps and I was set. I will probably make a few non-holiday variations of this card to put in a last minute gift I am working on. I won't see my friend until New Year's Day so I should have enough time to finish...good thing she doesn't read my blog, right?

The last card was a clearance stamp set I got at Michael's some time ago and some bling I had left over. I used a scrap of ribbon and colored with my beloved Copic markers. As I looked at this picture I see some ways to improve the coloring I did but since the five of these I made were mailed before Christmas I guess I'll put my changes into effect the next time I work on this image.


2 comments:

Catherine said...

Love the cardinal card! And LOL for poor Elf Scully! Charlie wasn't too thrilled with his outfit this year either. I'll have to post the pics this week. God love 'em!
Wishing you all the best in the year ahead!

Michelle Pearson said...

oooh, I love the white embossed card....I made similar ones this year! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog...appreciate it very much!

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!